Saturday, January 28, 2017

Give Me Your Tired...

“Give me your tired, your poor, 
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, 
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. 
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me: 
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.”
It's hard to stay silent... no, impossible to stay silent... in the face of the tyrant that is ruling America today.

Make no mistake, he is a monster. He has not a single iota of compassion or empathy. He serves one god, and that god is himself.
My mother was an immigrant. My father's father was an immigrant.  So was Donald Trump's.

The way he is governing is the absolute antithesis of what America is, the principles it was founded on. This country's forefathers never intended for this travesty of justice, of that I am certain.
I am so very sad - not for the USA, but for those families now stuck in limbo waiting entrance to the promised land. The USA, at least the more deplorable of its citizens, is getting exactly what it deserves for electing that shit-stain.

The majority of the deplorables are still cheering for Kim Jong-Trump. Oh, there are some that are slowly coming to their senses, those who've finally come to understand that Obamacare is their insurance and Great Leader is determined to take it from them.
But the rest... Trump has given voice to their hatred. Their unfounded fears. Their abject ignorance.

When the country is burning to the ground around them, they'll still be clinging to their stupidity and their false prophet.
I hate him. I genuinely hate the man and everything he stands for. I don't believe he will be president for four years. I believe he will be impeached before the end of his first year. Of course, I believed he could never be president in the first place... Silly me, I had far too much faith in my fellow Americans.
What I want known to the rest of the world is that the majority of Americans are horrified. The man got three million less votes than Hillary. His approval rating is in the sewer, like the sewer rat he is. 

We are not Donald Trump. I refuse to recognize him as president - as far as I'm concerned, my leader is still President Obama. Trump does not deserve the title, and I will not speak it in conjunction with his name. I'm not one who follows that "respect is earned" tripe - respect should be given to all.

That is until they lose it. And Donald Trump has lost any respect I ever held for him, not that I remember a time when I didn't despise him. Perhaps at one time I respected him as a businessman before I understood what that even meant. Now I only feel disgust and hate. Embarrassment. He is so terribly unqualified to hold public office, much less the highest office in the land.

So for those around the world watching in revulsion, I promise you this - we will resist. We will not support him or  his policies. In two years, we have the midterm elections - we will be there to vote out the politicians who support this monster. And in four  years, when it's finally time to chose a president again, it will not be Donald Trump. 

With any luck, he'll be locked up in a federal prison for treason. 


3 comments:

  1. I agree with all of this. 100%. He's not my president, not my voice, not my values.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful blog post! As with you, I have been in a state of shock since November, my heart broke when he took over in January. With each new appointment, my heart breaks a little more as we become the laughing stock of the world. I will not capitalize the word "president", when referring to him, while he is in office, nor will I say his name. To me, he is only agent orange or commander marmalade. He is destroying my country piece by piece. This will be the most controversial term we have ever seen in history. Thank you for writing this, in your eloquent way, adn saying what my heart feels. Carissa Triellis

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts