Friday, June 26, 2015

Love Wins!

I had a big grouchy blog post written and ready to go today about shopping etiquette... but fuck it!
I'm am absolutely over the moon with joy over the Supreme Court's decision today. I mean, I am absolutely giddy with it. I haven't stopped smiling.

I have about a million arguments for why gay marriage should be legalized and recognized everywhere... but I don't need them today. In the US, today those arguments don't matter because it's now the law of the land. 

"It is so ordered."

You may ask me why, as a heterosexual woman, am I so completely overjoyed. Well, for a few reasons... firstly, because the Supreme Court said no, your religion can't get in the way of other people's beliefs. Secondly, because I have so many friends and family members who are now equal in the eyes of the law and can live their lives just the same as I can.

But mostly, it's just because love. Love, love, love, love, LOVE! 

As you all well know, I'm a woman ass over teacups in love with the most amazing man on the planet, and I'm free to shout that from the treetops and no one will bat an eye. Now others are free to celebrate their love, too. No, Hugh and I haven't made ourselves even SL official, and we're certainly not going to be walking down any aisle anytime soon... but as an adult man and adult woman, we could if we wanted to. Everyone should have that opportunity if they so choose. Everyone. 

Because love is the best thing this world has going for it, and it should be celebrated... loudly, proudly and abundantly. In all its myriad shapes and forms. 

(I mean, of course, between consenting adult humans, in case there was any question about that.)

So today I celebrate. I celebrate with my LGBT brothers and sisters. I celebrate you, and I celebrate love. 

2 comments:

  1. Great post!!! I am happy too, even if I don't live in the United States...

    I saw it on the news this evening, and all I can say is that this was the best news I have heard. I celebrate too, LGBT and LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Posting is a great job and effort and I love it, because it’s unique.

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts