Sunday, March 8, 2015

You Can Look...

Back around the beginning of the year, I made a promise to myself that I would make more posts on real topics and issues than gushing about my love life.

I've not done real well in this endeavor... Hugh is just so fucking fabulous and he's my most favorite topic!

But...
I witnessed something recently that has been making me think. It was a group chat for one of the places I love very much... Naked.

Naked, if you're unfamiliar, is a gorgeous nudist paradise. It has one of the very best, if not the best, sailing clubs in Second Life. It's chock full of just fabulous, intelligent people. And, yes, there are a lot of places to have the sex.
And someone got banned for touching another without permission and got extremely butt-hurt by it. This person claims to be a female, but I have a hard time believing that.

You see, the person that got touched was wearing touchable nipples and the toucher was lamely attempting to make the argument that she (the touchee) was asking for it because she was wearing a touchable body part.

SHE WAS ASKING FOR IT!

Are. you. fucking. kidding. me?
Shit like that makes my blood boil. How god damn dare this person try to defend their indefensible action by victim blaming?

Okay, I'm not going to compare this to a sexual assault or rape. It's Second Life. There is absolutely no way possible for someone to be violated in that way when there is a little X up in the right-hand corner that provides an easy escape from any situation.

However... I'm just truly stunned that in this day and age, in SL or RL, there is anyone who feels it's permissible to just touch anyone, anywhere, without explicit consent.

Let's make this clear. You cannot do that.

You cannot do that.

I don't give a shit what a woman is wearing... she can be roaming the streets in real life stark bloody naked but you do not get to touch her. She can be wandering around Second Life wearing 657 touchable body parts... you do not get to touch her.
Is that seriously a difficult concept for some people? I have turned this over a million times in my head and I'm coming up with nothing. There is no argument, no justification, for just touching someone because you physically (or virtually) have the ability.

I don't care if we're talking about real life or Second Life. A person's body is their own. To display in whatever manner they choose. And that does NOT invite assault.
I am frequently naked in Second Life. Or wearing very revealing lingerie. I love going to adult areas. Some tasteful and elegant, some seedy as fuck. And I wear an invisible, but touchable, vagina. I understand that sometimes there is an "oops" and someone that is camming me accidently touches me. It's usually followed by an embarrassed apology. And if it isn't... or if it's intentional... I have zero problem schooling the offender, followed by a block.

It is my body. You don't get to touch it unless your name is Hugh Person.

That rule holds true for every single avatar in Second Life. Without exception.
Yes, there are elebenty billion places in Second Life where, by virtue of being there, being touched is allowed. I'm well aware of the capture and rape sims. I choose not to visit them because by doing so, you ARE giving permission to be touched. And that's fine. That's why those places exist. When you visit them you are giving your consent to be touched by anyone and everyone.

But outside of those places, you do not get to just randomly grab people's bits.
C'mon, people... it's 2015. Women are not community property.

And to that person arguing that being naked, or wearing touchable nipples, is an open invitation to touch... Fuck you. You were wrong. You ARE wrong. How fucking dare you? You are an absolute piece of shit. And ignorant as fuck. You repulse me. You horrify me.

I am aware that walking around naked, or nearly naked, in Second Life is an open invitation to look. I cannot control where your eyes go, or your camera view. I enjoy being looked at... I'm an exhibitionist. I love my naked body and I love showing it off.

But you do not touch me. You will not touch me.

1 comment:

  1. SEXY WEBCAM MODELS WANTED!
    PROFIT MORE THAN $10,000 EVERY WEEK.
    REGISTER AS A BONGA MODELS CAM MODEL TODAY!

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts