Monday, March 30, 2015

Catching Up

Thanks to real life being all wacky, I've missed the last few Strawberry Singh Meme Mondays. My brain is far too scattered these days to concentrate on making a video... even if it is just one minute long! Maybe someday I'll go back and revisit that one.
I'm going to combine two into one... last week's Me, Myself and I meme and this week's Mean Comments meme.
Let's do the Me, Myself and I one first, since that'll be quickest...
I am... content.
I want... ALL THE ANIMALS!
I have... more than I need or deserve.
I wish... cancer would just fuck off already and leave my family alone.
I hate... anything being in pain. Physically or emotionally. People, animals, plants... I can't stand it.
I fear... clowns. Fuck clowns.
I search... for answers, for everything, always.
I wonder... how so many Republicans claim to be Christians yet support policies and beliefs that are the antithesis of Christ-like.
I regret... not annoying my mom until she gave in and got a colonoscopy.
I never... intentionally or maliciously cause another pain.
I always... use a CPAP machine when I sleep.
I usually... drink one cup of coffee a day.
I dance... horribly.
I sing... even worse, but my cats don't seem to mind too terribly much.
I often... find myself sitting with one hand playing with my nipples without realizing it.
I sometimes... think about running away from everything.
I cry... when everything becomes too heavy and I need to break down for a bit.
I need... love. And I have it, but still need it, too.
I should... take better care of my health.
I love... almost everyone I've ever encountered in some small way. 
Okay, that was harder than I thought it would be.
 Right... the next one. Mean Comments.


  1. Have you ever been subjected to mean comments online by strangers? If not, then skip to question #5. I've been fortunate and haven't really encountered much hate or trolling directed at me online. I used to have a personal blog where I talked about my feelings on abortion and whether or not men should have a say. I got some hate on that. 
  2. How did you respond to them? I hit back with intelligence. I countered every point that was made, even the personal, hateful ones, with calm logic and dissected the errors in their arguments, even the obvious trolls. 
  3. How did they make you feel? Empowered. Firstly because I'd written something that evoked such emotion in another, even though it was vitriolic hate. Secondly because I was able to shut them up by not backing down, or sinking to their level.
  4. Can you share some of the mean comments you’ve received and your thoughts on them? It's been too long ago and I don't have them anymore. There were some people who called me a baby-killer (I've never had, nor have I ever performed, an abortion), heathen (they were right about that) and lots of calls for me to burn in hell (if it exists, I'll be in good company). 
  5. Have you ever ridiculed or negatively commented on someone else’s work, actions or personality with the intention to hurt them? Negatively commented, yes, but not with the intention of hurting them. If someone posts something that I vehemently disagree with, I will pick up the gauntlet they've thrown down but I try to keep the discourse on the subject matter and not let it get ugly and personal. I've not always been successful but I don't see any entertainment value in causing others pain through my words. I've seen lots of online abuse, though I haven't been subjected to lots of it, and I just can't comprehend the need some feel to be so ugly to other human beings. 

So... that's that!
BTW, I totally stole all the spots for these photos from Caity's blog. Thanks, Caity!
Now... has the plane landed yet?! Yes. Yes, it has and now I can sleep knowing he's safely on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts