Monday, February 2, 2015

Come Fly With Me

Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away
If you can use some exotic booze
There's a bar in far Bombay
Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away...
I finally got to take my maiden voyage on the Flying Pooh yesterday! And, holy shit, that sounds like a really deviant sex act, doesn't it?

I got Hugh this bird for Christmas and he's been practicing for a few weeks. I didn't realize at the time I was getting him a gift that was more complicated than flying the space shuttle, but he's getting there!
There were a few wobbles...
And some bumpy sim crossings...
And... er... my pilot bailed on me...
Followed by a splendid swim!
Yesterday was also the opening of the new Obsession Exposed art gallery sim, featuring the works of Whimsical Aristocrat and twenty four other artists... including one Hugh Person! I'm so damn proud I could explode! He's being all humble and shit, but I'm tickled to see my amazing fella getting some recognition for his fabulous photos!

I got all dolled up and we mingled and chatted... and then Whims and Fiona invited us to try these special chairs... and things started getting a bit warm...

We were about to cause a scandal in the art gallery so we quickly retreated to my new library...
You know, life (first and second) can be very trying at times. As much as we try to avoid it, life is drama. Unless you're a complete hermit with no interaction with other humans, things are going to get weird sometimes. There was some weirdness this week.

The details aren't necessary. Shit happens. We move forward. Upward and onward!
My last big post talked about how I'm choosing to live my Second Life. That's not always as easy as it seems... there can be collateral damage from the choices we make... I make. It's often unpleasant, and always unfortunate.

But it also can't be helped. It's unintended and unintentional... and, hell, sometimes I can't keep my big mouth shut. Because why should I? Especially here... on this blog, my blog. I've said many times that this is mostly a diary of sorts for me... a way for me to untangle the wild, untamed bramble of thoughts bouncing around in my head.

I could make this blog private, since it contains many of my private thoughts... but I don't want to. It's mine, and I choose to share it. And I love hearing from people who relate to the things I talk about. I love the dialog it sometimes creates.

It lets me know that, though I may be batshit crazy, I'm certainly not the only one! ;-)
So I'm not changing a thing. In all honestly, I think I only have about 10-15 regular readers... this little epistle of mine is hardly pulling hundreds of hits, and that's okay. I'd rather have a handful of people who really enjoy what I have to say than a billion readers that just skim and move on.

I love sharing this little slice of my life. And I will continue to do so as thoughts take hold in my brain that need to be sorted.
Yesterday was a good day. We soar together... and we ground each other. It's our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts