Monday, January 19, 2015

Please Pardon the Intrusion...

"You were made perfectly to be loved - and surely I have loved you, in the idea of you, my whole life long." - Elizabeth Barrett Browning
I sat down tonight to tell Archie the story of how Mom and Dad met.
Because, hey, it's our anniversary! Or, at least, tomorrow is.

I don't need to tell you guys... if you've been a reader of my blog you know a bit of the story of Beth and Hugh... at least, all that I'm going to share with the public!

I could have never imagined a year ago where I'd be today. Looking back at my blog, I see where I was this very night (the night before) and the blog post I wrote that inspired Hugh to finally contact me.
Holy shit! I had no idea what was in store for me! Such a ridiculously unfair amount of happiness that I almost feel guilty for being so damn blissed the fuck out for 365 days and counting.
January 20, 2014 at 8:12am SLT... it started so innocently.

"Please pardon the intrusion, Beth, we haven't actually met..."

And that's where our story began.
This man never wavers, never falters, in his love for me. He has brought such lightness to my world. Joy, laughter, bliss. Serenity. Peace. Comfort. Safe harbor.
We've had sad times, trying times, ridiculous times, hilarious times, rapturous times. Sometimes I'm not the easiest nut to crack. He's never walked away from me.
I didn't know it could be like this. I didn't understand that love could be so easy... effortless. Even if I'm having a bad day... and I've had my share this year... all I have to do is close my eyes and feel his love wrapped around me, and I know that no matter what, I can handle anything because I am loved by a man who is... he's just the very best there is.
We're never going to meet in the real world... and that's okay. It's not needed. The way we love, the way we give to each other, the story we're creating and living... it's what we need and want. It's perfect for us. 
I love you, Hugh Person. And I'm thrilled to have this time with you... the previous year, and the new one we start tomorrow. 

It's our world, baby. 

2 comments:

  1. I am totally enthralled by your blog Ms. Beth....ive spent an enjoyable hour just reading your insights and your rants...lol. What a refreshing site to come across...this is the last one ive read and it put such a smile on my pixel face...Congrats on finding what SL is really about....to connect with those we might never have the opportunity to know. You are fantastic, amazing, witty, bold, intelligent, forthright, sexy, truthful and just YOU....and one day when I grow up I wanna be just like YOU...... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Sorry I have to post anonymous, as im not connected with any of the other lists? How odd is that......lol......Smiles and skips off.....

    LadyVelvetRose

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts