Monday, July 21, 2014

Been Too Long...

 Been a while since I posted anything...

When last we spoke, I think (I'm too lazy to go back and look) I was lost in uncertainty about my brother. We've had a couple weeks of ups and downs... lots and lots of downs, but one big up- they still don't know what kind of cancer he has. It's not liver, which is good, and he has at least 12 months, providing he can handle the treatment well.

He starts chemo this week. We're cautiously hopeful.
We also had our first family squabble today over everything. I'm not going to get into the details of that here, not right now anyway. It wasn't a huge deal... just different personality types clashing. I'm certain this is just the first of many fusses we'll have, but we'll be okay. Family is family. You fight, you love, you forgive.
I'm in a pretty zen place... and I think there are some in my family that believe it's avoidance. Maybe it is... Regardless, I have to take care of me.

My family would never understand Second Life.

See, tonight when I got home, I really didn't plan on logging in. I wanted to hide under the covers and just will the day away.
I didn't do that, though... I have this place in SL that can take my mind away. They wouldn't understand that. I'm lying here right now, fresh from a virtual swim, listening to the water splashing, and birds singing, and a frog croaking. In the background, I've got Sinatra on.
It's blissfully peaceful.

I love it here. I love this moment.
That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts