Thursday, February 20, 2014

THIS Is An Ex Parrot

We didn't make it. Me and Ark.

We tried... well, I tried. He mostly rolled his eyes and shrugged a lot.

I'm stubborn and I hate to fail at anything. Maybe that's why I tried so hard. He's stubborn, too, which for him meant sticking to his guns and not conceding an inch. I pushed, he retreated. He slung daggers, I dove for cover.

Oh, I love him. And I know he loves me.

But there's just too much other crap in the way that neither of us are getting over anytime soon. All we were doing in the end was trying to hurt each other... insanely unhealthy for both of us.

I know I should be sad... and I am. Mostly I think I'm just sort of relieved. Or as if a weight has been lifted.

I felt like I owed it to him to try to scrape something together of our relationship. Like I had a duty because I had made an oath to him. I suppose I did... but it wasn't making me happy and it wasn't making him happy.

We both found other people. And yet we still tried to cling to something.

Finally just had to throw in the towel today and admit it wasn't going to work.

Outside of SL... still friends. I'm still there for him in any way I can be.

But inside of SL? No, right now... just no.

C'est la vie, right?

I wish you well, my dear. I hope you find the thing that finally wipes the scowl from your face. It just got to be too hard. On both of us.

2 comments:

Recent Posts