Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Running the Gamut

So, my husband and I divorced tonight.
It lasted all of about 15 minutes.

These are confusing times... for both of us. But the one thing I know? I love him and he loves me.

What that means for us? Who knows.

One day at a time.

He needs to take a break from Second Life. I fully support that. Hell, I left for over a year... Leaving when it becomes too immersive is something we should all do.

SL is a world unto its own. It has damn near everything, but can never replace face-to-face, skin-to-skin relationships.

I am in a position in my life where I can freely mix the two. But don't doubt for a minute that I don't know the difference between them. Do I think about him when I'm offline? Yes, absolutely. Do I consider him my husband in the real world? No, of course not. 

There is a balance that every individual needs to find on their own. SL is escapism. I'm able to escape more than many others... including Ark. How is that going to work for us?

shrugs

I have no idea. But I know I'm not ready to let him go. And he's not ready to let me go. But he needs to let SL go... at least for a while. 

As I said, I support that. When he's ready to come back... be it tomorrow or two months from now, we'll deal with the consequences. We may fade apart, we may be closer than ever. I'll continue to live my SL the way I want... and I want to be his wife. 

I'm not going to sit around in pearls and pumps cleaning the house waiting for him, though. I can't not have sex in SL. 

I guess this is the next stage of SL... Mrs. Faulkner, Hot Wife. "A sexually uninhibited married woman with both the freedom and inclination/desire to enjoy sex with both her husband and other men."

Here we go. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I wish you all the best, Beth. Even thought "it's only SL", I know how much it can hurt. Be strong and keep faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally stumbled over your blog via your Flickr posts, but I felt I had to comment. I'm sure you've seen people with "SL is SL, RL is RL" or similar in their profiles. What is often overlooked, though, is that no matter how much we try to keep them separate, there is always at least one point of commonality, and that is ourselves - our hearts and thoughts and hopes that drive us, whether as the typist at the keyboard or moving the mouse, or the person who puts on the suit or uniform or work clothes and goes out into the world where our other friends and family are. I think you have a better grasp of that concept than many. Thank you for a thought-provoking post.

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts