Saturday, December 21, 2013

Finish Your Christmas Shopping!

 Oh? You are finished? Are you sure? I don't think you are.
 Do me a favor... before you close your wallet for the year, think about your favorite charity, reach back in your wallet and send them a few bucks.
 As a person who works as a fundraiser for a very worthy charity, I can tell you that the month of December is make or break time for us.
 And also as a fundraiser, I can promise you that it doesn't matter if you give $5 or $5,000. For a good charity that manages its money well, every single dollar helps.
 So before you curl your last ribbon, take a few minutes to think about what causes are important to you.
 If you're unsure whether or not they're a good charity, look them up on Charity Navigator and check out their rating.
 Personally, I'm a big fan of donating to local charities. Of course, I can't tell you where I work so you can donate to mine, but look around your city. I promise there are great organizations doing great work that need you.
 For big charities, my favorite is Heifer International. They are the real deal. Give a flock of chicks, or even a cow.
 Just as long as you give.
 It helps. It really, really does.
 Not to mention, there's this thing called a "donor's high". Doing good stuff makes you feel good. And who doesn't want to feel good?
 So consider this a plea from your friendly neighborhood professional beggar.
 Right now, we need you.
 In this economy, there are some really great charities that are going to go under if their December isn't outstanding.
 Kids, animals, the arts, the elderly (often overlooked)... pick a cause and go for it!
Do it. Now!

And, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts