Sunday, October 13, 2013

Somebody That I Used To Know

The stupidest part of this whole clusterfuck over the last couple of weeks is that it absolutely didn't have to be this way.

We made a promise to each other... reiterated several times, in fact, that if anyone else ever came along that turned our heads, we'd be open and talk about it.

And when that inevitably happened, he broke that very simple promise.

How very, very unnecessary and stupid. We could have talked about it... dealt with it. At this point, I'm pretty certain we would have still broken up, but... we could have salvaged a friendship, perhaps. I don't know. I'll never know. We'll never know.

He lost a good friend.

I'm reminded of the lyrics to that Goyte song that was way overplayed for a while... but it fits the situation very well.

Now and then I think of all the times you screwed me over
But had me believing it was always something that I'd done
But I don't wanna live that way
Reading into every word you say
You said that you could let it go
And I wouldn't catch you hung up on somebody that you used to know
But you didn't have to cut me off
Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing
And I don't even need your love
But you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough
No you didn't have to stoop so low
Have your friends collect your records and then change your number
I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just somebody that I used to know

Sad.

Oh, not me... the situation. Just a waste... a friendship thrown away. Now's he just somebody that I used to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts