Thursday, October 3, 2013

I'm Okay, You're Okay

I love you people. I really do.

But there's something I really need to get off my chest...

CHILL THE FUCK OUT.

I know I've been going through some shit and I appreciate all the advice. But, I'm also not a delicate little snowflake that's going to shatter because I don't get what I want.

Look, I may only be five years old in Second Life, but in the real world, I'm 44. I'm a grown-ass woman. I've been taking care of myself on my own for years. I've moved from one side of the country to the other, and back. I've had great jobs and awful jobs. I've been loved and I've broken hearts. I've broken some, too. I've survived immeasurable grief and tragedy.

I'm okay.

A Second Life relationship SNAFU isn't going to break me. Seriously.

It might give me a hiccup, yes. But just like in RL, it's not going to make me hide under the covers or go running to the hospital. It's just a thing. And I'm fine.

And while we're at it... Damn it, I'm my own woman and I freaking like myself and all my idiosyncrasies. I don't need to change a damn thing for anyone. Not my hair, not my skin, not my shape, nothing. It may be flawed, much like myself, but I like it. I love it. I created myself... a me that is perfect in my own eyes.

I'm not trying to be someone else or please anyone but me.

So while I appreciate everything and all the support, I got this. I really, really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts